Bronx Arts Ensemble brings music and related arts to Bronx schools and neighborhoods. We contribute to the cultures of our Bronx communities through live performances and innovative arts education that stimulate creativity, imagination, and aspirations.
William J. Scribner founded the Bronx Arts Ensemble in 1972 Since then our artists have embraced dozens of Bronx neighborhoods, performing a broad spectrum of styles for diverse instruments. In 1993 BAE launched our Arts-in-Education programs, helping to fill an educational void in Bronx public schools. These programs have expanded beyond music into movement, theater and art, delivered during and after school in over 40 public schools. BAE continues to develop and integrate our core programs, impacting new audiences and building Bronx family.
- 1972BAE First Concert
- 1973First Orchestral Concert
- 1975First Children’s Concert
- 1978First Public Parks Concert
- 1980Young Artist Award Established. Now William J. Scribner Young Bronx Artist Competition
- 1993First music class taught in NYC public school
- 2001Master Services Agreement established with NYC Department of Education to provide in-school arts classes
- 2003Establishment of partnership with Lehman College Children’s Musical Theater
- 2014NY Community Trust award
- 2017Columbia Teachers College educational framework partnership
Our friends over at the Riverdale Press recently interviewed our Executive Director David Nussenbaum and our Music Programs Manager Becky Fradkin. Click here to read the article, or read below for some highlights!
Last week, Bronx Arts Ensemble was featured on BronxNet! Bronx Net interviewed both David Nussenbaum, our Executive Director, and pianist Kelvin Rojas, one of our 2018 Young Artist Award Winners!
WHERE WE PERFORM
Bronx Arts Ensemble values our cultural partnerships and joins in presenting concerts with notable Bronx institutions.
WHERE WE TEACH
BAE brings live performances and arts education throughout the Bronx.
BAE teaching artists teach 14,000 arts classes in 40 Bronx public schools.
BAE presents more than 50 free and low-cost live concerts and family musical theater performances in neighborhoods from Belmont to Fordham to Westchester Square.
THANK YOU TO OUR SUPPORTERS