PRESENTING ONLINE ARTS EDUCATION WITH CARING SUPPORT FOCUSED ON SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL LEARNING AND CULTURALLY RESPONSIVE TEACHING
BAE Remote Learning
BAE Teaching Artists have obtained skills through professional development to provide their students with arts education in an online environment.
Students experience BAE’s arts education programs by either synchronous learning (live classes taught during a designated time slot) or asynchronous learning (pre-recorded video content); both options paired with uploaded assignments including deadlines for completion.
25+ REMOTE ARTS COURSES | 30+ TEACHING ARTISTS
Students are supported to explore their creativity, develop self-expression, practice empathy for others, and foster collaborative working relationships with their peers.
- Students obtain knowledge of fundamental music skill-sets: Melody, Harmony, Rhythm, as well as Historical/Cultural Background and Performance Practices.
- Course offerings include: African Drumming, Band, Chorus, Digital Music Production, General Music, Guitar, Music Theory, Musical Theater, Percussion: Latin, African, Violin, Woodwinds
- Students obtain knowledge of fundamental skill-sets to produce art projects and discuss the elements and principles of design.
- Course offerings include: Art Basics: Drawing, Painting, Collage, Sculpture
- Students obtain knowledge of the fundamental skill-sets related to diverse forms of expressive movement: Choreography, Vocabulary, Improvisation, and Performance Practices.
- Course offerings include: African Dance, Ballet, Capoeira, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Latin, Martial Arts: Karate, Step, Yoga/Meditation
- Students obtain fundamental skill-sets to create and present dramatic theater, as related to oral and written literature and cultural traditions of societies.
- Course offerings include: Creative Writing, Musical Theater, Monologues, Theater Games
BAE Summer Arts
Through an asynchronous learning format(BAE Teaching Artists in pre-recorded video), the “Summer Arts” online education series presented the art forms of African Drumming & Dance, Capoeira-Movement, Hip Hop Dance, and General Music (Vocal Technique) in a supportive style tailored to appeal to any age group.
Through a synchronous learning format, a BAE Teaching Artist provided a community yoga/meditation practice (for all ages) with a focus on self care and encouragement of communal sharing of emotions and thoughts.
Interested in bringing our Remote Learning program to your school?
Reach out to our Education Managers below:
Bronx Arts Ensemble
80 Van Cortlandt Park South
Bronx, NY 10463
Thanks to Bronx Arts Ensemble, I won a full scholarship to Alvin Ailey, a full scholarship to the Ailey Summer Intensive and a full year grant at Perri Dance. I graduated high school with honors and am now fulfilling my dream of becoming a doctor and helping people.Reynaldo M
Error: There is no connected account for the user 2274510029 Feed will not update.